People with felony drug convictions will be eligible for SNAP, formerly food stamps, beginning in July.
• Persons with a felony drug conviction are no longer banned from receiving SNAP benefits, if otherwise eligible.
• Convicted drug felons who are currently a part of a SNAP household, will be automatically added to the SNAP benefit.
• Those households, without other changes, will receive an increase in benefits for the month of July and thereafter.
• No action is needed on the part of the SNAP households who currently consist of a convicted drug felon.
• Anyone convicted of a drug felony who is not currently included in a SNAP household, can now apply and receive benefits if eligible.