The South Tippah School District announced their return to school plan on Wednesday. It includes a hybrid plan, a traditional plan and an e-learning option for students.
Here are the highlights of the face to face option:
Face coverings will be required anytime
students/staff are not in classroom. (hallway,
cafeteria, school bus, etc.)
• Implementation of social distancing when
• Temperature check all staff and all students
when entering the school. Any person that
has a fever of 100.4 (CDC guidelines) must
remain at home until he or she is fever free
for 72 hours.
• Visitors will not be allowed to enter school
• All areas of the school used by staff/students
will be thoroughly disinfected (fogged) daily.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be available at all
school entrances and throughout the
• Breakfast/lunch will be eaten in classrooms.
You can see the plan below:
South Tippah School District
Return to School Plan 2020-2021
“FOCUSING ON THE OPPORTUNITIES”
HYBRID (AUGUST 5TH – AUGUST 14TH)
Wed.August 5th All Girls Attend
Thurs.August 6th All Boys Attend
Fri.August 7th All Girls Attend
Mon.August 10th All Boys Attend
Tues.August 11th All Girls Attend
Wed.August 12th All Boys Attend
Thurs.August 13th All Girls Attend
Fri.August 14th All Boys Attend
These days will be used to set routines, get students familiar with safety precautions, introduce canvas, establish student email addresses and passwords, and possibly parent meetings with administrators.
If we have to go to hybrid schedule at any time after August 17th, the A/B schedule will not be boy/girl. We will arrange schedule so siblings attend on the same days if at all possible.
When: Beginning Monday, August 17th Option #1: Face to Face Instruction
Option #2: Distance Learning
• Face coverings will be required anytime students/staff are not in classroom. (hallway, cafeteria, school bus, etc.)
• Implementation of social distancing when possible.
• Temperature check all staff and all students when entering the school. Any person that has a fever of 100.4 (CDC guidelines) must remain at home until he or she is fever free for 72 hours.
• Visitors will not be allowed to enter school buildings.
• All areas of the school used by staff/students will be thoroughly disinfected (fogged) daily.
• Hand sanitizing stations will be available at all school entrances and throughout the schools.
• Breakfast/lunch will be eaten in classrooms.
OPTION 1: FACE TO FACE
• Deadline to choose distance learning is July 24th. Parents/guardians of students requesting distance learning must contact the school principal and schedule a meeting before being enrolled in distance learning.
• If approved for distance learning, after meeting with principal, Chromebooks will be issued to students to use if he/she does not have a personal device.
• Students will be required to be logged in at the beginning of their scheduled class time with roll taken.
• If student is not logged in at the appropriate time, he/she will be considered absent and handbook policies will apply regarding grades.
• If a student joins class late, this will be considered tardy and handbook policies will apply regarding this as well.
• Distance learning will have the same rigor as face-to-face instruction but may or may not be equitable.
OPTION 2: DISTANCE LEARNING
• Student will “attend class” through zoom/google hangout, etc. Student will be required to mute him or herself and ask questions through chat.
• Assignments are to be submitted as required.
• Students participating in distance learning will be accessed through observations, video conferencing, and discussion boards as well as assignment submissions and assessments. Students will be required to schedule a time to take major test on the campus of his/her respected school. Major assessments will be proctored by a STSD employee in a classroom set aside for assessment of online students.
• The following classes will not be available to distance learning:
• Welding 1 & 2
• Auto Service Technician 1 & 2
• Law and Public Safety 1 & 2
• Health Services/ Healthy Care and Clinical Services
OPTION 2: DISTANCE LEARNING (CONT.)
FACE TO FACE/DISTANCE LEARNING OPTIONS
• Parents can choose for their child to change from distance learning to face to face instruction ONE time.
• Parents who choose face to face instruction for their child, can NOT change to distance learning. There may be some exceptions to this if health is involved. This will be decided on an individual basis.
Distance learning privileges CAN be revoked At any time!
Students that are actively enrolled in the Distance learning option are eligible for extra-curricular activities based on MDE and MHSAA’s
The traditional schedule will be
modified IF there is a significant
outbreak of the COVID–19 virus
among our students and/or
employees. We will be in contact
with the local and Mississippi
Department of Health officials if this
Face to Face Instruction Distance Learning
A/B Schedule Distance Learning
Distance Learning Plan
Distance Learning Only
Parents are highly encouraged to transport students when possible.
Face coverings are required for students to ride district transportation.
ALL buses will be disinfected (fogged) daily.
Some mask exemptions will be made for health reasons.
***All bus riders will have assigned seats.***
When Someone Shows Symptoms of COVID – 19
Schools have identified a room/space to isolate students who display symptoms of COVID – 19
When students show symptoms of COVID – 19 (such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath), they will be sent to school nurse and put in isolation.
***South Tippah School District will NOT conduct COVID – 19 testing. This is the responsibility of parents/guardians.
Parents/Guardians will be notified.
Immediately transfer student to online instruction
“Close contact” is defined as being at less than 6 feet for 15 minutes or more and not wearing a face covering.
COVID – 19 Case Identified in Student or Staff
In the event that MSDH is aware of COVID – 19 cases, schools will be notified.
Parents and staff will be required to notify school of COVID – 19 cases and begin isolation at home for a full 14 days.
Parents will be notified when a student or teacher are positive for COVID – 19. This may be a targeted group notification based on the group size.
South Tippah School District School Nurses are COVID – 19 District Representatives.
Be prepared to identify close contacts. (teachers will be required to keep seating charts)
All measures outlined in this plan are temporary and subject to further review and change based on information received from local, state, and federal officials. The superintendent and designees will continue to monitor available data including local case counts, hospital readiness, and trends over time. The superintendent shall have
the authority to make changes to these procedures based on emergent changing conditions, subject to review by the South Tippah School Board.
The South Tippah School District desires to be an “A” district under the current accountability standards in the state of Mississippi.
Our mission is to appropriately educate the children of South Tippah School District and accomplish them by equipping, empowering, motivating, and leading the students, teachers and administrators of this district.
It is the belief of South Tippah School District that all children are capable of learning if empowered and motivated to do so.